Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Mantle

I have had dead space above our mantle for the better part of the last five year, yikes!!! I finally got my act together and organized the wall space, with a little help from H. What do you think?  

H the Helper


Brick from our building w BK bridge, on a side note that is a photo of J and I upon arrival to NYC


2001 Wedding photo


The Mantle


There are so many special reminders on our mantle, photos of when we first arrived, our wedding photo, and the original brick of our wonderfully old building.

On the wall there is a painting of Sophia's when she was two, two kitch silhouettes of the kids from the Disneyland, a drawing from an artist friend, a famous photograph we won at an auction, and two framed prints that remind me of Jake. The blue one on the bottom left corner is a drawing of a New York couple around Gramercy Park, and the one on the upper left corner is a print of a french couple in the 1800s, it is regal with a feeling of romance.

All that being said every detail is part of our story & I love each little detail. Can you find Jake's antique prayer books?

What is above your mantle & how long did it take to get them there?

Carinos,

Mel

1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE this Mel, and am so flattered of having inspired you. Especially like the empty frame. So cool. What a fun grouping!

    ReplyDelete