Friday, February 4, 2011

Sex in the CIty

So, I finally broke down and watched Sex in the City 2, which was just a good rental and fun to watch the clothes and our beloved city. It made me think about motherhood and having it all. It is just not possible to be super mom, glam mom, and career mom all at once without losing your mind. It made me realize it is vital to live into each moment we have been given and be creative within it. I will say it does help if you shower and get ready for the day as if you have a fab lunch date. You will feel better about your self and be more confident in your day and sometimes mothering. An apron also helps glam up the cooking process and dinning experience too. I think we all need to feel a bit of glam in each day and know we are fostering creative lives. Just my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree Mel! I haven't been a mom for that long, but if there is one thing these past 5 months have proven it's been that showering, making the bed, and being sure to have a play date or two planned for the week makes all the difference!

    Great advice about the apron. I just took a 4 part cooking class here at the Charlottesville Cooking School with a few mom friends I've made. SO much fun, learned so much, mostly classic french methods, I so wish you could have done it with us!! AND we wore the best aprons there . . . I'm totally going to go get my own apron and replicate the experience in my own kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love!!! Anthropologie carries the best ones. I so wish I were taking the French class with you too. That would be amazing!!! Maybe i could commute down to VA. Looking forward to Mockingbird!!!

    ReplyDelete