Monday, February 21, 2011

Redefining Breakfast



When I say event design, i mean to say each small meal in our day is an event, or it ought to be. i hate the idea of rushing through a meal or eating something on the go. Last night S asked for pancakes for breakfast, I love breakfast anytime of the day. I didn't have much in the fridge but thought we can really make this a meal.

For inspiritation I remembered the best pancakes I have EVER eaten, they were in the apartment of a parishioners a year ago. They were so unconventional, that is why I am never able to duplicate them, they were paper thin, whole wheat, and the most amazing little cakes I have ever eaten. To top it off they were literally topped off with a homemade syrup with a splash of lime. Simply delicious and inspirational.

I am not able to duplicate these heavenly pancakes and must make my way back to the Grahams for breakfast, but I was able to tap into key flavors. We made good old fashion pancakes from a box, apple maple bacon from Whole FOods(to die for), soft bowled eggs(nothing says fancy like a soft bowled), and a fresh arugula salad topped with a lemon dressing. It was not exactly the same, but good enough, S and I ate every last bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment