Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Many Hats



Each day we step into we put on so many different hats, it is amazing everyone out there is not schizophrenic. I think for women in particular, mothers especially, and those of us who are wives of ministry men have their work cut out for them. I think about this all the time, am I giving enough to the babies, husband, my creative self, etc... the list continues. I am not sure how to stay sane all the time, but I do think breathing, writing, and continuing to move in some form of creativity helps. What do you ladies and gents out there do to stay sane and inspired???

4 comments:

  1. It is so hard, isn't it? I'm finding that photography really nurtures my creative eye and it has become very valuable to my mental health. I love to exercise--I just wish I had more time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know i wish i could get to a yoga class regularly. i used to go when it was just S and I, now its more complicated. can't wait to see you for the conference!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sooooo relate! I'm finding out that being creative in all that I do, whether it is making a meal for my family (just started making baby food!), entertaining, writing a thank you note, or, even bringing flowers to a friend. I'm trying so hard to get back in shape! I've done some yoga classes - I find that when I'm meeting a friend, it keeps me accountable. And if I go in the early morning, Dave can take care of the baby . . .

    Thanks for sharing Mel, it's always fun reading your blog! I really appreciate your honesty and the different aspects of life you address.

    ReplyDelete